#2: What to do with a Master’s Degree? A Deep Dive into Kickboxing with Merlijn Broersma
What would you do when you graduate your master’s degree Cum Laude?
I guess it wouldn’t be what Merlin did; get a part-time job and prepare for a kickbox fight.
A remarkable contrarian decision that is a signature behavior of Merlin. Well-thought, philosophical, intelligent, and always on the lookout to bend life to his image.
Where I traveled around the world to create life the way I wanted it to be, he did it at home.
In this episode of Strong Feet & High Philosophy, we dive deep into kickboxing, optimizing sports performance, focus, and visualization. We discuss:
- How Corona affects Merlin’s kickboxing plans
- How he got into kickboxing
- What he does to optimize his sports performance between training moments
- How he manages his time throughout the day
- How binaural beats help him relax
- How he uses visualization (and how you can try it yourself)
- The importance of flexibility
- What he eats to perform at his best
- His weakness in kickboxing
- His biggest fear in kickboxing
Connect with Merlin
- Facebook: Facebook/merlin
- Essays (click on the name to download):