#4: How to Start a Business, Entrepreneurship, and Digital Marketing with Jorick Sikkes
An interest in high school turned into an experiment turned into a sustainable business.
At the age of 17 Jorick discovered he liked building websites. He started experimenting and got his first job from a local hairdresser.
At that time, social media wasn’t that prominent. So before he knew it he was calling more hairdressers to see if he could build a website for them.
I barely dared to talk to adults at the age of 17. Safe to say that cold calling a hairdresser was out of the question.
I find it inspiring how Jorick started with nothing and managed to turn this idea into a sustainable business at the age of 24. And now, already looking at the next step, to start a marketing agency with 2 partners.
When I think of Jorick, I think of someone that’s super experimental, data-driven, and always looking to grow. Both on a professional and on a personal level. Great ingredients for an amazing podcast.
In this podcast we discuss:
- How Jorick started his business
- How he got his first clients
- How he experimented while he studied
- What he does as a digital marketing expert
- The different social media platforms
- Digital Marketing of tomorrow
- How to use LinkedIn to gather leads
- How I can gather more leads with my target audience
- An amazing tip for all starting entrepreneurs
Connect with Jorick
- Website: https://bamboemarketing.nl/
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/joricksikkes/
- Podcast Marketing Krakers on Spotify (Dutch): Click here to listen to Marketing Krakers