#6: Mindful Doctor & How to Stimulate Health in Healthcare with Dr. Lisa-Marlen Rogmann
Is healthcare really about health and care?
That’s a question that Dr. Lisa Marlen Rogmann and I have asked ourselves often. Does the system allow us, healthcare professionals, to perform at our best? To give the patients the care they deserve?
When it comes to the German Healthcare system, it seems not. Like Dr. Lisa beautifully put it:
Doctors must not work in conditions that make them feel sick while they try to heal others.
So, what are these conditions exactly? How are German doctors forced to work in ways that make them ineffective, unhappy, and sick?
A system that incentivizes profit-oriented decisions, a strong hierarchy, and contracts that force you to accept 24-hour shifts. Dr. Lisa tells us what this looks like on the floor of an Orthopedic Clinic.
The bottom line is, it’s time for a change. This can’t continue. And with Mindful Doctor, Dr. Lisa and her colleagues aim to do exactly this. Their goal is to change hospitals into healing places. To help doctors thrive and to stimulate the healing of patients. So that at the end of the day, both can go home happily.
In this podcast we discuss:
- How Dr. Lisa and I both stopped liking our jobs
- The circumstances German healthcare professionals have to work in
- How Dr. Lisa had to “detox” from work
- 24-hour shifts
- The German Healthcare System
- How the German Healthcare System incentivizes profit-oriented decisions
- The goal of Mindful Doctor
- The Mindful Doctor Conference
- What Dr. Lisa does to be mindful during work
- What the perfect working conditions according to Dr. Lisa look like
- What patients can do to get the quality healthcare they deserve
- Website: https://www.mindful-doctor.de
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mindful-Doctor
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- News Article on Good Jobs (in German): https://goodjobs.eu/de/articles/held-innen-der-corona-krise-wie-sieht-das-krankenhaus-der-zukunft-aus